Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Post workout/workout blues

So after yesterday's epic rubber legs performance I ran 40 minutes today with little to no discomfort at my goal pace (12:45 pace). After I was done I ran through a light set of dips and pullups on the assist machine at the club. I also did some squats at 67% of body weight. I am exploring a weight training component to my marathon program (not the half marathon build-up) so I am experimenting a little with it in the build up to the half.

Bottom line a good workout today, I am very pleased, I also went and looked at running shorts with pockets at Running Unlimited in Palatine. I had found some nice running shorts with lots of pockets for gels and other goodies from a company called Race Ready which I really liked (shorts and store). My daughter helpfully vetoed poorly conceived length decisions I was attempting to make, and I went for longer rather then shorter.

Only downside was they did not have any my size and length, so those are on order for me in about 10 days. I want to have them in plenty of time, because the one marathon adage I have seen more then once is "no new things on race day" and I want to make sure I can break them in so to speak sooner rather then later.


No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system