Sunday, March 31, 2013

7 or 6 days to the Finish Line?

I ran a nice 5 miles this morning, very slowly with very little discomfort, and residual soreness.

So today is Sunday and its 7 days before the South Shore Half Marathon at its about 11:15 am and with a 9am start next Sunday I should be about the 10-11 mile mark right about now (albeit 7 days in the future). My goal time is between 2:50 and 3:00 for the half. I been using these marvelous McMillian Running Calculators to approximate my potential times. I have done a variety of runs and translated the pace to them and they are all pointing to a range as low as 2:45 to a 3:05.

I am still keeping my eye on the weather as to which half marathon I am running. The 10 day forecast says sunny and 43 on Saturday and 47 and rainy on Sunday. The wind prediction is about the same. If that were actually set in stone I would switch to the Saturday half marathon. I will probably make up my mind on Thursday as to which race however. I have no desire to run in the rain, cold and a 13 mph wind.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system