Saturday, March 9, 2013

Good run/workout today

I was going to out on Fish Lake Road and park at Nicasa and run the short rolling hills that go on for about 3/4 of a mile then turn arround and run back to get some hill work, but it was wet and cold. So instead I ran on the treadmill today, bright and early, for 30 minutes. I went at it a faster then my goal half marathon pace as well, running 10:50 pace for 2 miles, with a short warm-up and cool down.

Then I did my upper body workout that I am going to integrate into my marathon training starting in April.

The upper body work out consisted of 3 x 10 of the following:
  • Assisted Dips
  • Assisted Pull-ups
  • Seated Rows
  • Lat pull downs
  • Curls
  • Shoulder press
  • Bench press
  • Crunches
Overall a good day coupled with yesterday's run I am feeling pretty good. Tomorrow I have a 6 mile long run, if its decent weather and not wet, I will do it, my right ear is a little clogged today so I might just stick to the indoors version of running as a precaution. I have a nice 2 mile loop I can run so I can check in for my drinks and gel after an hour.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system