Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Follow up from the Marathon

So its Wednesday, and its the 4th day since the marathon. I am feeling some residual soreness in my calves this morning. However the thighs are not feeling anything this morning, they had been sore for a couple of days. Everything else is fine.

I am quite happy with my physical condition, I think the training was the key. I do realize that my body is still recovering even though I may not be seeing or feeling it so I am taking it easy, with some light jogging tomorrow and then some more on  the weekend.

I am going to run the Northshore Half on May 31 in Highland Park. I like the level of fitness I am at so with just a couple of medium length runs the 10 days before the half I am going to try to improve on my 2:50 PR, my half time was 2:40 in the marathon, so I would like to push a little bit harder and get a 2:35.

2 comments:

Stephanie @ Sweat & Sass said...

Congrats on your great race! I am sure you can PR your half since you ran it so much faster in your marathon.

Bill said...

Thanks...I hope so!

Disqus Shortname

Comments system