Friday, May 15, 2015

National Physical Fitness and Sport Month Survey

So a few weeks ago I was asked to fill out a survey about my fitness habits and I was asked the following questions to contribute to this survey. Being an egomaniac of course I love to share my opinion with as many people as possible, so this was right up my alley!

Here are the questions with my answers:
  1. What is your favorite way to stay active? Running? HIIT? Weight training? Sports?
    I enjoy running although it can be dull, so I sprinkle in a liberal amount of speed work, its always fun to go fast. I also weight train to keep toned.
  2. How many times a week to you strive to workout?
    Generally I run 4 times a week, with 2 days of weight training, Saturday is combo day so I have two days off after my sunday long run.
  3. Is there a pre/post workout routine you would like to share?
    I really do nothing before or after, I generally warm up for the run by walking the first 1/2 mile or so.
  4. Do you have any tips on injury prevention?Knock on wood I have never had a serious injury, I attribute that to good genes, but I also weight train which I am a firm believer in for injury prevention.
  5. How does nutrition play into your fitness regimen?
    Hardly at all, but it should and its something I am starting to explore.
  6. What health benefits do you find most attractive about staying active? (Physical, psychological, or both!)
    Mental mostly, I like the way I look certainly, but it allows me to manage stress, and to be healthier which is great for the overall mental attitude.
  7. What do you do to stay motivated when you are exhausted/under the weather/etc.?
    Well it depends on why I am in that state, but generally rest, I have never been afraid of taking a couple of days off to recharge.
  8. How has your fitness routine/goals changed throughout the years? Why?
    I have changed from more competitive sports to more fitness based sports, for the physical/mental improvement process, while I am still competitive, its more with myself then in a team environment.
Here is some information about the surveyors. BHG360° conducted an informal survey of a variety of health and fitness bloggers (like me!), from active mothers like Mackenzie McKee to certified trainers like Leslie Ann Quillen. They asked them to share their tips and advice about working out and staying in shape—and how to keep up the motivation. As you can see from this snapshot of health-minded individuals, those of us interested in living well tend to use many different strategies and regimens to complement our lifestyle and reach our fitness goals. In the spirit of National Physical Fitness and Sport Month, we invite you to share these and other tips.




No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system