Sunday, April 5, 2015

Week 15 is done! With a 15 Mile easter egg hunt!

So after this mornings 15 miler I have one big week left and then I start my taper after next Sunday's 20 miler. I ended up doing my run today on the treadmill because I wanted to focus on going slow. Which I was able to do, although I kept itching to dial up the speed, the whole time. Next week outdoors on pavement without fail!

The goal was to keep my heart rate low and to exercise below my ventilatory threshold which I was able to do for about 90% of the run. I felt good throughout, however I was feeling a little bit hungry near the 13 mile mark, so I might think about including a small snack about 60 minutes before race time, or carrying some extra Clif Shot Bloks on me (I am very partial to Citrus) and adding a few more calories to my fuel stops or perhaps both strategies can be incorporated. I need to decide before next Sunday for my dress rehearsal for the marathon.

Coupled with the Yasso 800 workout from Friday mentioned in the last post, and the running I did via refereeing and other scheduled runs this weekend, I hit 35 miles for the week, my highest ever! Next week is 39 miles and then I taper until race day.

2 comments:

Stephanie @ Sweat and Sass said...

15 miles on a treadmill is not an easy task! The most I ever did was 12 and it was rough. Great job!

Bill said...

Thanks! I am not sure how I can do it to be honest, I don't even use the TV either. Just stare into space and listen to my tunes. Love your blog as well.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system