Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Help me, help Ronald McDonald House Charities this fall.

So even though I have yet to run my first marathon, I am already planning for my second one this fall. So on October 11, 2015, I will be representing Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon! As a member of Team RMHC, I will be training, fundraising and ultimately running 26.2 miles to help keep families close when they need it most.

My daughter and her bestie Dana turned me onto the great work this organization does for families through their college sorority where RMHC was their charity of choice. I have committed to raising a $1,000 for the RMHC, which given my ability to raise money for other causes hopefully will not be to hard to achieve.

I am going to seed the account with a few of my game checks from refereeing, probably the ones where the coaches think I stink, and are shouting at me about that the precise manner of my stench, and I while I am glaring at him from the field, thinking I am not doing this for the money you chump, that's the game I am donating from. Given my performances recently that might be every game!

But more to the point did you know RMHC helps nearly 9 million families stay close and connected to their children who are battling a life-threatening illness or injury each year? It costs approximately $60 to keep a family close by their sick child. Together, by reaching our goal, we can help over 21,650 children heal and cope better with their families by their sides. It’s incredible what we can accomplish together!

I am asking for your support to help me reach my fundraising goal and more importantly, to help more than 21,650 children and families stay close. Be a part of the RMHC network of HOPE, STRENGTH and SUPPORT. No gift is too small. Your donation, of any amount, will not only help me achieve my goal, but will make a difference to those who need it the most. Together, we can make a difference!

Click here to visit my personal page.
Thank you for your gift, together and with 26.2 miles we can accomplish great things!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system