Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My time for Wisconsin? You heard it here first!

So today at lunch, I plotted out my fitness curve, my times in training, and in races as well as road work. I have been using my own variant of the Galloway Run Walk, running for .35 miles and walking for .15 miles. Rather then using a time equation it made it easier to calculate my mile splits.

However it works out to about 3 minutes and 30 seconds of running and 2 minutes and 25 seconds of walking with a few seconds variance in the walking portion and a 10-15 variance.

So extrapolating my training times I am able to run at the 10:40 mile with reasonable ease for the run portion and the 16:00 minute mile walk is brisk but well within myself.  I used a handy web calculator to come up with my pacing for the 10:40/16:00 pace and it came up with 5:21. I would be very happy with this time. To be candid I would be happy with anything up to about 5:45 in terms of time.

I jotted the pacing numbers down and they are pictured above, I am going to be able to evaluate this number a little bit better after the long 20 mile run on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system