Tuesday, November 7, 2006

New Trustee Named

Last night I appointed Michael Blum (looking very serious in the picture at the right) to the vacant trustee spot that was filled by Patty Blauvelt until her resignation two meetings ago. Michael was approved by a 5-0 vote. Michael is the President of the Madrona Homeowners Association, has lived in Round Lake for 3 years. He grew up in Lake Zurich and went to Western Illinois University he is also a member of the Round Lake Planning/Zoning Commission He is married to Jennifer and has two daughters Madison and Mikayla. Mike has worked for Hewitt Associates for 8 years as Customer Service Client Manager he manage 90 associates.

I have tried to recruit a new type of person to our village boards and commissions and I am very happy to have had the opportunity to bring Michael on to our board. He is the first trustee from Madrona and I am excited to finally have representation from this important area.

The Daily Herald weighs in on the appointment here.

I was just counting up how many people I appoint to boards and positions in the village and I came up with 33 positions, and you know what? I have appointed 32 of them. The exception is Ed Amman who has now served on the Round Lake Planning/Zoning Commission for 7 full terms and is a few years into his 8th. Just so you know what that means, each term is 7 years long so he is over 52 years of service to the village.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system