Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Is a Healthier Round Lake Possible?

For quite awhile I have been mulling around a Mayors Fitness Challenge series of events. I always am a fan of wellness programs for companies. I looked into some national programs for wellness and got some ideas. The central thing was fitness and exercise.

Which got me thinking about having a series of 5K Run/Walks. I spent a few minutes diagramming a couple on this marvelous google based software that I use called www.mapmyrun.com that measures runs using GPS. I designed three 5K routes and would propose a fourth, there are some logistical issues route design must take into account as I discovered when I worked on these.
  • Tour de Lakewood & Prairie Walk (route here)
  • Tour de Madrona (route here)
  • Tour de Valley Lakes (route here)
  • Tour of Old Town and Bright Meadows (not done yet)
Would you run or walk in a 5K in your Neighborhood?
Yes
No
Free polls from Pollhost.com
I also would love to have some feedback on other ideas for health based programs in the community. One excellent suggestion I got from local business man Doug Dortch of MVS Molding was to have a run/walk in the various neighborhoods with the Mayor on Saturday mornings or some predetermined date.

Would you join the Mayor for an informal run in your Neighborhood?
Yes
No
Free polls from Pollhost.com
If you have any other wellness ideas please forward them to me at bgentes@eroundlake.com

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system