Sunday, November 5, 2006

SEDOL Winetasting Fundraiser Last Night

Late post today! Why? Well I went to the annual SEDOL Foundation winetasting fundraiser. You can imagine why I did not get up at my usual bright eyed and bushy tailed hour I am sure from those clues. There were two types of wine tasting, the "private cellar" and the "public rooms" the private rooms were avoided by my party, because wines were over $25 and in some cases WAY over. The temptation to purchase would have been way to strong. My purchases were confined to the $10-25 range and I quickly found a caseful of goodies for my wine rack.

SEDOL is the Special Education District of Lake County, a cooperative educational system working with 36 local school districts to serve their physically, mentally, and emotionally challenged students. They serve all the districts in Round Lake (all 9 of them) so its a very important organization educationally here in the area.

I saw a few people of interest John Burnett who is SEDOL board member and former president, and is building the Goddard school off of Townline road in Round Lake. Along with an old friend State Representative Kathy Ryg. Also Park District Board member, and Round Lake Planning commissioner Barb Daudelin and her husband Dave were there as well.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system