Sunday, March 8, 2015

Let it go!

This is me last summer before the Quarterfinals
of the Islamai Games held in Chicago.
So I was up in Wisconsin refereeing in a soccer tournament indoors this weekend and thought that I could get some running in but in reality I did not run nearly as much as I was supposed to.

I had a 5 x 1000 and a 13 miler on the running schedule, The indoor games did not move at the pace I expected, so I am unable to really point at any part of that and say I ran 5 miles or whatever. So I missed the long run portion of my weekend. By the way a good HS Varsity center will take me about 4 to 4.5 miles in running, being an assistant (run the lines with a flag) is about 2.5 miles.

When I got home Sunday afternoon I had a choice between doing the speed work or the long run, and I decided to do the 5 x 1000 meter workout which I did in (6:07, 6:10, 6:18, 6:13, 6:15 = 31:03) with 3 minute recoveries I need the 3 minutes after the 3rd, 4th and 5th sets, for sure. My heart rate went right down into the high 80's during recovery and ended in the 140's each rep, which is roughly what I was aiming for, and I set the treadmill at 5.8 mph throughout.

So I am not sweating the missing 13 miler, this was supposed to be a lower mileage week after two big weeks with the 15, and 17 milers included. This week I have an 18 miler to look forward to on the weekend and a week of 33 miles my highest yet. The refereeing left me with probably 6-7 miles of running, so in reality I am 5-6 miles short of my weekly goal. So like the headline says, let it go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yaaaaaay 18 miles! Go Dad!

Disqus Shortname

Comments system