Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Halfway Mark, or its all downhill from here? Week 10 report.

So week 10 is in the books...half way home! Not as good a week as I wanted, cut the midweek 8 miler in half, with zero motivation. However the 4 Yasso 800's on Saturday I handled in the 5:07 to 5:10 range, which I was very pleased with. The long run on Sunday of 17 miles was very good, I handled it well, and my recovery is fine (as I type this at 7pm).

I fueled with gels and shot bloks and that was okay, I prefer more solid stuff, but for portability on race day I may opt for the gels since I can carry more.

The blister I got on the 15 miler last week, has not really fixed itself , right now, its skin is gone and the blister is drained, and I have 2 days off, so hopefully it will toughen up. It was bigger then my band aid blister thing I put on it today so sadly it ripped the blister open when I tried to gently remove it. Once this heals, I am going to take preventive measures in the future. There are some things I can do going forward.

It may be time for a new pair of shoes as well. I was planning on breaking in a new pair around 8 weeks out so I may move that up.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system