Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 11-- Report


So after an okay Week 10, with a missed run, and rested legs, the downward half of the 20 week program began.  With a run outdoors no less! I had an early morning meeting on Wednesday so I left the run until the evening. I was able to get it in brilliant sunshine and 45 degree weather as well!

The next day was interesting because it was 8 miles and I had just run the above mentioned 4 miler less then 12 hours earlier, I did not feel it during the run, but I felt it later that day going up and down stairs at the office. I ran both runs slightly faster then my goal marathon pace and felt decent throughout.

I then did some speed work on Saturday coupled with a  Mile  at 9:22  and some Yasso 800's  at 4:56, 4:59, 5:04, and 5:01, I was very pleased with both sides of the workout. If I can only do 10 of those 800's at that pace, since the ability to do 10 in the same range is the Yasso 800 premise as a predictor of your finish time. I would take something near in that 5 hour range in a heart beat.

I did my long run the next day, and other then being sore, nothing to report of interest, although I think I am going to use Clif Shot Blok's for my fuel on race day, those seemed to work best for me. I am also going to incorporate some more lunges into my weight training as well, to strengthen my lower core a bit.

So for the week just under 30 miles with limited issues!



No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system