Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Week 2 Day 3-- A Clunker

Well my legs were dead, today, I warmed up with a slow mile jog and then when I tried the workout which was 3 miles at 10:30 mile pace, 1 mile further the same pace I nailed last week. The Galloway pacing strategy was 4:1 and 6.2mph to 3.7mph.

I was able to barely hold the pace with difficulty for the first mile, doing it in 10:42, but was unable to in the 2nd mile at all, ending it at 13:18. I just decided to stop the workout right there, and I walked the last mile rather then over do it. My thinking here was that I have 5 miles at 11:00 minute pace tomorrow, that is probably more important then this workout, in the grand scheme of things, and rest is genuinely more important to my legs then an extra mile of jello inducing running.

After I returned to the house, I was entering this run in my excel run log and I gave it a red band on the date, to indicate a poor run. I then scrolled back through my run history leading up to the half marathon in November and found 3 similar red runs that had coincidentally followed a longish run, in 24 hours not my designed 48 hours recovery.

MORAL: Always give your 55 year old legs, time to rest.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system