Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 1 of Wisconsin Marathon Training complete!

Had a good first week, completed all the workouts right on schedule (except for the long run, which was one day late). I hit all the time goals I established as well. Plus the weight training did not seem to interfere with the rest for my legs. My waking pulse which I track closely was in the positive zone each morning when I got up.

As for week 2, nothing terribly different other then the Wednesday run is going to be 3 miles at marathon pace minus 1 minute, as opposed to 2 miles last week, and my long run will be 9 miles instead of 8.

Week 4 has the first significant run, when I go into double digits for the first time at 11 miles. The next 12 weeks after week 4 all have long runs in the double digits except for one, so that's when I get into the meat of the plan

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system