Monday, December 29, 2014

2015 Racing Schedule

Did some work on my 2015 schedule to try to determine what my plans are and how they match up with my running program. As I choose races to consider and or do for sure, I applied two rules.

  1. Is it consistent with my training plan.
  2. I rather race long then run long.
So using those rules I have scheduled the following races:
  • Frosty 5K, February 22-- A race for a charity near and dear to my heart, The Friends of the Round Lake Area Park District, in Round Lake Beach
  • Cary Half Marathon, March 15th-- in Cary Grove, its nearby and I need some long racing prep.
  • Shamrock Shuffle, March 29th-- looking forward to this since this 8K or roughly 5 mile race, while not really close to my 12 mile run that day, the 40,000 plus runners and similar start to the Chicago Marathon will be great practice for the real thing in October.
  • Wisconsin Marathon, May 2nd-- in Kenosha Wisconsin, this is the one the 20 week program is pointing towards.  If (when) I finish it will be my first marathon.
  • Northshore Half, May 30th-- These are three potential half's, I will likely just run in one.
  • Summerfest Half June 13th-- These are three potential half's, I will likely just run in one.
  • Rockford Half, June 20th-- These are three potential half's, I will likely just run in one.
  • Lake Zurich Triathlon, July 12th-- One of my colleagues from my work task force and I are going to do the team tri, with her riding the bike and me running, we have yet to find a swimmer however.
  • Wauconda Triathlon, July 26th-- same as above
  • Pick one! Week of August 23, 30th and September 5, there are three half's in Lincolnshire, Bativia and Libertyville. Its likely I will do one of these.
  • Chicago Marathon, October 11th-- The ultimate goal!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system