Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day 6-- New Garmin 610 Debuts

So I got a Garmin 610, for my anniversary which was yesterday. Today I rolled it out on the treadmill, so no distance, altimeter, and cadence figures, just heart rate. It took me about 20 minutes of the run to get the chest strap in a logical position that synced up with the treadmill, and my Basis watch, once that was done HR seemed spot on. One thing I can say is a little moisture under the strap was an amazing thing for conductivity, I will try that first thing next run.

The run went quite well, after the tinkering with monitor was done I cruised non-stop to the three miles at 13:30 pace I was shooting for with zero discomfort.

Saturday runs are slow runs for the most part, until they switch over in weeks, 6,7, and then weeks 10-16 to a variety of speed work. I also throw in some upper body weightlifting as well either in the afternoon or right after the run. Today I choose the afternoon.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system