Friday, March 20, 2015

Refereeing injects chaos into the my running!

So this week I started refereeing high school, and of course once I started that, my well thought out marathon training plans went to crap. I had a JV game on Tuesday, which is generally anywhere between 2.5 to 3 miles of running. This game was so one sided, I basically stood in the same spot for the entire game, getting less then 2 miles of actual movement (could barely count as running) in during the 2, 35 minute halves.

Wednesday I had another game where I got the miles in, I think, but my other Garmin (Forerunner 10) decided that sun spots would not allow it to link to GPS satellites and stop midway through the game, and refuse to engage, fortunately I always wear two watches when I referee.

So today is Friday and I am off, but I have a game Saturday morning with 10 mile training run scheduled as well, so I am likely to do that in the afternoon, then I have an all day clinic for USSF refereeing on Sunday and need to do 5 x 1 mile speed work that day, and have no idea where I will be able to slot that in, given those clinics go on forever.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system