Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nike Free Runner 3.0

So last year I got a pair of Nike Free Runners 2.0 and I loved them, I used them to referee exclusively in and was always comfortable and had no foot problems. They were black with white soles. I have been using this pair primarily for training, but I could tell things were getting compressed,  diet notwithstanding!

So I went to a very nice running store and bought a completely different pair. I let myself be talked into buying them. Since the store did not sell Nike's (overly corporate for the owners taste apparently) They were a German brand name, and very nice looking, and they felt fine on the stores treadmill, but I ran on my treadmill and my legs hurt after a 30 minute run and my feet. So I went and read detailed reviews and discovered that these were great for people who heel strike and need support. Well since the wear pattern on my shoes pretty clearly show that I land further forward and I supanate (medical word) landing more towards the outside of the shoe. I was sold a bill of goods, so I returned them.

I then looked around and discovered Dicks Sporting Goods in McHenry carries them, and off I went. Sure enough there were two versions one exactly like my old pair black with white trim for $99 then amazingly there was a Livestrong branded pair for $74 with the Armstrong Yellow. So as a massive cycling fan, and one that's always been skeptical of Big Tex I have never gone for the branded merchandise in the yellow. But for a discount, hell yes!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system