Friday, March 15, 2013

Good discovery

I had always worried about weather on April 6th at the Trail breaker Marathon. I am not up for running in rain and in snow, so I was idly browsing half marathons the week afterwards just in case I have to punt on the day of the race. However I found something called the South Shore Half Marathon put on by the Badgerland Striders that runs along the south part of Milwaukee's lakefront. Its flat and on trails not streets, and judging by 2012 results about 1,000 people enter, which is actually more then the Trailbreaker which had 357, although they have about the same in terms of Marathoners and people in the 5K.

So at worse I have a fall back, and since both have day of race registration, I have flexibility.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system