Thursday, July 13, 2006

Transportation Day Yesterday, or so it seemed!

I attended three meetings today. Two relating to transportation and the other for the Lake County Municipal league. The major one was the Lake County Transportation Alliance's Elected Official's meeting. We discussed the ballot for the September Transportation summit quite energetically. I was one of the more vocal Mayors along with the Mayors of Buffalo Grove, Gurnee, and Waucounda. The highlight was the discussion of route 53, it seems that the public forums held around the county about traffic issues had roughly 800 formal comments. Over 20% of the comments centered around 53, a road that does not exist. The upshot is that elected officials will vote in September at the summit on 53 in some form. (Not sure what right now!).

The other meeting was of the Lake County Municipal league where I was elected as a Director. Oh boy! More things and meetings to go to! Actually I think this is a very worthwhile organization and am grateful that my peers thought enough of me to ask and then nominate me to be on the Board of Directors.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system