Thursday, July 6, 2006

Email and Taking a Few Days Off

About a week ago I decided to take a few days off from the email that I get. Although I did glance at it regularly I did not make any effort to answer it. Over the holiday weekend I was getting very little in any event. Or so I thought! So when I noticed an email on my phone (no spam filter on the phone) and decided to read it when I got home, I could not find it. So I glanced at my Spam filter and lo and behold there it was. Along with nearly 400 emails that should have been in my inbox. Some stretching back over the last week and a half!

So anyway for those of you who are wondering why I am not responding to you, shame on you for sending me spam! The odd thing was some emails made it through and others did not from the same person.

For the technical wizards out there I uninstalled and reinstalled my spam filter and it seems to be running fine now. To the people who emailed me, you are one of 568 that I need to start working my way through and answering. To the Mayor, never do that again!

On the average I get 100 legitimate emails a day, with about 50 of them needing answers, and the rest being read only. I also get 400-500 spams a day it seems... most of them appear to come from my personal account however although I don't know for sure.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system