Saturday, July 8, 2006

Track and Field Meet Today

For those of you who know me, you know that I run track and field. So today I am competing in the United States Track and Field Illinois Open & Masters State Championships in Sterling Illinois. I run in about 3-4 track meets a year and this one in particular is the biggest in the region. I am competing in the Long Jump, 100 meters, 200 meters and the 400 meters.

I have been tapering the last week, along with carbo loading which is something in the past that I have not done, but I thought it worth a try. I have also sharpened up my speed by doing specific speed drills the last few weeks. I have a couple goals, today which I will share with you.

I want to set personal bests (PR) in all of these events today so that means:
  • Long Jump (PR 3.78) I want to get over 4 meters (thats 13' 3")
  • 100 Meters (PR 14.83) under 14.50 which might be hard to do today.
  • 200 Meters (PR 32.08) I think I can do less then 31 seconds
  • 400 meters (PR 1:15) My speed training has focused on this quite a bit so I would like to get under 1:10.
Check this page tomorrow for the details!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system