Monday, June 20, 2005

Sunday Field Trip for Downtown Ideas!


I drove up into Wisconsin to see three things that I had heard about from various people. The first was the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield WI. It was spectacular. The pictures I took (above) do not do the place justice, however the web site has some marvelous shots and details. Dennis Buehler the Executive Director told me the place cost was $13.5 million dollars, and currently has an operating budget of $1.5 million with a staff of 18 and is busy almost every single day of the year.

Second part of the Field Trip


I then drove to Cedarburg and to Waukesha to see the downtown development they had both done. Of the two Cedarburg was much the best, in fact on a beautiful sunny Sunday the Waukesha downtown was deserted, Cedarburg was not much better although it was late in he afternoon when I got there. The difference in my humble opinion was that neither of them had a train station and had very little people living in the downtown.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system