Sunday, June 19, 2005

Busy Saturday in the Village


Spent most of the day out and about. First I attended the dedication of the giant park District Sports Complex that opened a few weeks ago over in Round Lake Beach. It was a nice ceremony and some of the events they had were interesting. They had Cat Reddick a women's soccer player signing autographs, she brought her gold medal from the Athens Olympics which was really nice to see. They also had a the extreme jump roper, he was unbelievable and I mean unbelievable!

The rest of the day and night was at the Streets of Summer Fest where the bands Deluxury and the Lonnie Brooks band heated up the night. I would guess there were 1,000 people in the street when these bands were playing and everyone was in to it.

Thanks to all the volunteers who participated and helped out you made the second annual party the best so far!

There are quite a few pictures coming, the ones posted in earlier posts are from my cell phone and they are grainy, I will post better ones when I get them!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system