Thursday, June 2, 2005

A Mayoral Tradition-- "Ride with the Mayor"


Ever since I was elected I have been doing what I call "Ride with the Mayor". Its a way of seeing what's going on in the community, and I always take notes and then email our department heads my concerns and things I see and want fixed. Its also a great way to spend time with people in the community. In my first term I took well over 250 people on tours and jaunts through the village. These tours can last from 1 hour to 4 hours. I usually drive one on the village building departments SUV's (Close to the one shown above) so when you see me on a Sunday or Saturday driving aimlessly on the road looking around. Flag me down, wave back, or throw things at me you decide, but I love the feedback.

There are a few criteria and rules for the tour.
  • The mayor must have a Big Gulp in the cup holder with Diet Coke.
  • They almost always take place on a weekend.
  • I drive.
  • I will take anyone, and will talk about anything, usually at length. Most likely more then you wanted to hear to be be candid.
  • While I like to schedule them in advance there are times when the Mayor needs to leave the house suddenly because slacking on the porch is unacceptable and the Mayor has to do chores. So there a select few people who can "Ride with the Mayor" on short notice. They are the most valuable residents in the village, able to bail me out on short notice of a troublesome situation.
So if you want to "Ride with the Mayor" feel free to email bgentes@eroundlake.com and we can see if we can set something up.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system