Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Master's Track and Field News (Rankings)


The most recent USA Track and Field 2005 Indoors Rankings were just released! Why is this of interest to you? Well my time and distance for some of the meets I have competed in are good enough to rank me in the top 30 in the nation this year. This makes it interesting to me, and therefore I feel the need to share this with you!
  • I have the 30th fastest time indoors this year in the 55 meters in the Masters Mens 45-49 age group with a time of 8.12 seconds.
  • I have the 24th longest Long Jump indoors in the Masters Mens 45-49 age group this year with a jump of 3.72 meters.
  • I also had the 21st longest throw in the Shot Put in the Masters Mens 45-49 age group this year indoors at 8.38 meters.
However I am still painfully slow, my times in the 200 and 400 are not in the listing that was just published by National Masters News.

Just to let you know how good the people who actually compete at a much higher level then me. If I was able to long jump 3.72 at age 85 I would be the world record holder! However if I did it at age 80 I would not be!

So if any masters sprinters, or throwers want to come out and practice feel free to email me at bgentes@eroundlake.com, I already have 1 practice partner who has joined me at a meet as well! The more the merrier!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system