Saturday, May 28, 2005

I blew 30 seconds of my 15 minutes!


While driving behind the cheddar curtain this morning on my way to play golf, yours truly decided to dial into the Eric and Kathy Show on the Mix (101.9 FM). Because of course with winding roads and hills being challenging enough to my erratic driving habits. Dialing calls into a radio show just adds to the degree of difficulty. By the way for those of you concerned I wear a head set. (I am sure that is most of you.)

So the question was what can you offer someone that is unique? So my brillant idea was lunch with the Mayor! As I sat on hold I was trumped by an opera singer, and a lady willing to offer a free hair weave, and someone offering a ride in a luxury car. All I could come up with was tacos with the Mayor. Then to top it off Eric credited me with being the Mayor of the Beach! I quickly corrected that glaring geographical error about Round Lake's suburb! With that I was off the air!

Credit to Sam Yingling for being the first person to contact me and harass me about hearing me on the radio. So far the number is 9.

I played the Abbey Springs golf course today and shot a 86. So while wasting 30 seconds of my valuable 15 minutes away on call in shows, I was able to double down on the golf course on my buddies so the day was not a complete loss.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system