Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers Day to Me!

Three years ago I bought a fractional share of a race horse named Time for Karakorum that was renown for seeing the top of the stretch in first and then letting all its buddies run right by it so it could finish last. 12 losses in a row with one in the money finish made me an unhappy camper. However I was able to trade my share for a unraced 2 year old filly named Karakorum Starlet last year. She raced 3 times last year with two seconds, then took 4 months off to relax, and then about 3 months ago she started racing again and has won 2 races and finished 2nd as well.

Today in the 7th race she won a non-winners of one allowance race at Belmont race track as the 3-5 favorite and she won easily for her second win. Now that's a fathers day present! I was going to post this earlier but I decided to wait until the race was over so it could be "real news"!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system