Monday, June 12, 2006

The Village Wants You!

The Village of Round Lake has three openings for involvement in the village. One is an appointment on the Planning and Zoning Board, the second is one on the Architectural Review Board and the last is a spot on the Round Lake Lake Management Commission.

The Planning Board meets the last Tuesday of the month and as needed at 7 pm. The terms are 7 years long. You would be appointed by me and would be ratified by the village board before you could take your seat. There are 7 spots on the board.

The Architectural Review Board meets once a month as well at 7pm also. It has 7 members which serve 2 year and 3 year terms. You would be appointed by me and would be ratified by the village board before you could take your seat.

The Lake Management Commission is a 9 person board that oversees the management of the actual "Round Lake". I have three appointments on the board for Round Lake, and the other two communites on the Lake Round Lake Beach and Round Lake Park also have three. They meet once a month or so on Friday's in the evening.

When I took office 5 years ago the outgoing Mayor told me that he struggled to find people willing to serve. I have never had a hard time finding people to serve becuase I tried to open it up to as many people as I could. Other then Ed Amman (who was appointed 53 years ago) on the Planning Board I have appointed every single other person to all the village posts. I appoint about 40 total (I just counted). Some however have to be employees of the village to serve.
  • You have to be registered to vote (I will check).
  • You have to be over 18.
  • You must have lived in the village for 180 days.
  • Please review the links above for what kind of things each board does. Nothing available for the Lake one however!
Here is how we are going to do this. I am looking for some specific areas of representation. In the past I have tried to find a good geographic mix on the boards of the various areas, I have some in mind right now, but since I would or could discourage interest I will not let you know my specific interests.

Please send me an email bgentes@eroundlake.com expressing your interest.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system