Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Strategic National Butter Reserve Located in Round Lake

The federal government has the National Strategic Petroleum Reserve, and now Round Lake has its lesser cousin the National Butter Reserve. Its home? Apparently my freezer! The foil wrapped slabs of which there are 27 in my freezer are 1 pound slabs of butter!

Why are they there you may ask? Trust me I did, although in a different tone of voice with a rather more forceful choice of adjectives as well.

My mother in law and her brother are going on a cruise for 11 days, and apparently the fear is that the power will go off in Chicago the moment the plane is airborne and will never return thus causing the butter reserve to melt and deprive my mother in law and her brother the potential to manipulate the global butter market on their return to Chicago.

All I can say is thankfully the strategic tomato sauce reserve and the national pasta holdings did not have to be relocated in Round Lake since electricity is not needed to protect these valuable assets. Lastly thank god the mother in law is not a blog reader!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system