Monday, May 15, 2006

Girls Track and Field-- Grant and Round Lake Style

For the first time in 11 years Lake Forest High School is not the IHSA sectional champion! Grant High School is! Grant completed a remarkable double by beating Lake Forest in the conference and then in the sectionals. Last year Grant finished 7th overall in State and we are hoping for higher this year. Why do I follow girls track? I love track and field as many loyal readers know, but even better my daughter Denise is on the Grant team! Although she is not going downstate, nor was she able to compete at sectionals. However I am very proud of her.

But just as exciting is Round Lake High School's Sandrea Smith who also qualified for state in the 400 meters. I have known her since she and my daughter were girls scouts together when we both lived in Treehouse in the Woods. Sandrea has broken 60 seconds for the 400, and let me tell you that's blazing fast!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system