Friday, May 5, 2006

Had an Active Mayoral Day on Thursday

I had a variety of missions yesterday, I had a meeting with the Hospital Task force which is progressing quite well currently. More to come would be the operative phrase here. Ask me about it if you see me.

The second meeting was a committee meeting of all the 120 Corridor Planning Council at the College of Lake Counties University Center. Well attended (see picture) all the committees reported with maps and details on the progress to date. What we need now is the funding from the Illinois tomorrow grant which Senator Link and Representative Osmond have procured for us. Arrival date is next month or so. Then we can hire a consulting firm to do the actual pre phase one feasibility study.

The next thing I did was attend the monthly meeting of the Storm Water Management Commission where I am a board member representing 12 communities including Round Lake on the SMC issues. All I can say is I heard the word's "nutrient farming" and nutrient management bank" and was still quite interested in the presentation.

In addition the board was presented with a mason jar full of sludge that apparently either A. Satan B. Antioch C. SMC or D. Corporate Evildoers were spreading out on this gentleman's property either intentionally or intentionally. At one point the sludge was being waved around directly over my head, which made me yearn for the comfort of the village halls dais and not the cramped board room at SMC.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system