Sunday, May 7, 2006

Running, Washing and Relaxing

Yesterday I was up early to participate in the NICASA 5K run which is part of the 40th anniversary celebrations they are having. The race started at 8:15 at Independence Grove in Libertyville. For those of you who have never been there, do, because its spectacular. I am embarrassed to say I had driven by it hundreds of times and never once gone in, and I am the poorer because of it.

Back to the race, I saw quite a few people NICASA Executive Director, Judy Fried, Bruce Johnson, Nancy Radford, Dr Jeff Brierton and countless kids from Round Lake. In fact I sponsored a few of them to be there. The race had about 40 competitors so a top 50 finish looked likely! Plus I have been upping my mileage recently and doing quite a bit of speed work, so my goal was to run under 28 minutes. I did! 26:17 which was so suprising that I actually checked to see if the race was 5k long at the information center on my way out. It was.

On my home I was able to pick up a big gulp and got the Round Lake Area Queens to wash my car at their carwash at the same time! Now that's convenience! I then lay on the couch most of the afternoon and read until the Kentucky Derby came on which I enjoyed right up until the part where the horse I liked started going backwards!

NOTE: I just read the Daily Herald article and it said I walked, wrong I ran! Must be the anti runner media bias!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system