Sunday, May 28, 2006

High School Graduation

I went to the Round Lake High School graduation yesterday morning. It was enjoyable as always, although hot in the gym. Limited amount of elected officials attended however which surprised me. Round Lake had Trustee Sherry Perkowitz, Jerry Shaw, Patty Blauvelt and yours truly, Mayor Jean McCue of the Park and Trustee Jack Germann of the Heights were the only others. The school board was missing 3 of the 7 board members as well. I suspect the graduation being held on Memorial Day weekend was the reason.
There were roughly 380 graduates, and the students who got to speak, were quite impressive as always! You could also see the wonderful rapport the students had with Principal Jeff Brierton and his genuine excitement at being their principal. I saw way to many kids that I knew and thier parents to mention them here!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system