Saturday, December 17, 2005

Opening Day-- Indoor Track and Field Season

The smell of sweat, creaking tendons, achy hamstring's, and 100's of people much faster and fitter then you! (most of them are like 12 years old as well) What does all this mean? Why its the kickoff of the Indoor Track Season in the Northern Illinois area with the Ted Haydon Classic at the University of Chicago's indoor arena. So tomorrow I am competing in 5 events, the long jump, shotput, 55, 200 and 400 meter dash. I have some goals for each event which I will mention here simply because goals are good and who knows putting them in writing might be beneficial to my psyche!

Long Jump-- 4.27 meters (14 feet) or greater (my best is 3.78 meters or 12'6")
Shot Put-- 9.14 meters (30 feet) my best is 9.28 or (28' 6")
55 Meters-- Less then 7.75 seconds my best is 8.08
200 Meters-- Less then 31 seconds my best is 32.96
400 Meters-- Less then 70 seconds my best is 75.14

Using the decathlon scoring charts I have made this into a pentathlon for myself! My goal is 2300 points for the five events. Special note must be made of Hans Zigmund who is long jumping and throwing the shot with me! His goals are unknown but he has been lifting quite a bit recently so I might be seeing him over 35 feet with the shot!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system