Thursday, December 8, 2005

Busy Day Today at the National League of Cities

I had an excellent full day at the seminar, I have at least 10 new ideas on my legal pad that I want to evaluate when I get back to Round Lake.

Today I have a few things going on, first thing in the morning is the Illinois Municipal League breakfast. Then I am off to the convention center to hear the key note speaker former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich speak and then I am going to walk the show floor along with attend a session entitled "So you don't run the schools, how municipal leaders can make a difference!" (Just for loyal reader Tim Latta). Then I am going to attend a seminar on "Small Cities with Big Ideas".

I met numerous mayors today, from diverse places such as New Orleans LA, Washington DC, Coolidge, AZ, Holstein IA, Clackamas WA, Colton CA Darlington SC and Lavergne TN. Its entertaining to hear all the ways they do business and run there communities.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system