Wednesday, November 16, 2005

We Interrupt this Blog to Talk about Indoor Track and Field

As many of my loyal readers know I am a budding Masters Track and Field competitor. I have convinced two other local Round Lake residents (who shall remain nameless since I did not ask them if I could reveal there identity) to go to the Ted Haydon Indoor Track and Field Meet at the University of Chicago. I am going to compete in the Long Jump, Shot Put, 55 meters, 200 meters and the 400 meters. The meet is on the 17th of December and it takes place most of the day. Entry fees are $6 per event so its easy to go and they have day of meet registration.

By the way the picture is of me running the 400 meters early this year at an indoor meet in Sterling Illinois. (1:15 was the time). There is a reason there are no other competitors are in the picture, but I prefer not to go into those sordid details.

If any one is interested in going along to compete December 17th, let me know, the more the merrier! Plus who knows world records might await!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system