Saturday, November 19, 2005

Confucius says.....

Do not ask a 16 year old High School cross-country runner and swim team member to go for a 3 mile jog when you are a 46 year old man. Because a jog for them is a run for you, and an all out run as well. 27 minutes and a handful of seconds. One member of the "joggers" was not winded, the other was gasping. No points for guessing which runner is which in the above scenario. At least my daughter had the decency to not go for a 2 mile run as a cool down right in front of me.

I am running in the Crystal Lake 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day. So this was to be a blow out and I am going to taper down to Thanksgiving morning. My goal is under 28 minutes for the 5K. On the basis of this run I think I should be able to get it done.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system