Friday, April 20, 2007

Village School Auction Tonight-- Cool Auction Items

Today there is the annual "Auction for Art" at Village School tonight from 6:30 to 8:30. Last year I auctioned off a day with the Mayor, but it kind of morphed into "Drive the Mayors Golf Cart in Parades Day's" instead.

My usual driver "the first daughter" decided to retire for a variety of reasons last year, the most pressing one was her inability to awake before noon on parade days, plus her actual drivers license meaning cars are cooler then golf carts. Since I get out of the cart and walk most of the route I need a driver. So since I was unable to hook up with the auction winner from last year to spend the day with him. I asked him if he would drive my golf cart for me instead, which proved to be a much better idea from his standpoint!

This time I am doing it differently, you get to drive the golf cart in all parades, and get a class visit from me. There are some age considerations here however, which are explained in the fine print.

Last years winner has vowed that his parents will pay any price to secure his parade driving status again! Sounds like the "Auction for Art" will be the winner here! Just so you know the golf cart we use has does not look like the Hummer golf cart at the left!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system