Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Village Road Improvements

It's budget time again in the village, and as part of my preparation I was struck by our road improvement programs over the last few years. As I looked at what we are budgeting for this year. I took a look back at what we have done in the last 6 years we have spent over $5.1 million dollars on road improvements from CDBG funds, MFT funds (special census helps here) and a couple of grants to improve our most needy streets.

At the beginning of my time in office 6 years ago I sat down with the village engineers and directed them to do a comprehensive look at all our street issues and evaluate our streets from worse to best We then planned out a program to focus our money on them in that order. I am proud to say that the trustees and I have stuck to this program through thick and thin.

Most of these roads and streets are in the older sections of town so I was able to get a hold of a map that shows where the road improvements have been done. The center of the map is roughly the train station. I have the map available as a PDF if you want to look at it in a little more detail.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system