Monday, April 2, 2007

April Fools Joke Was Played Yesterday

Okay for the 5 people who called me about it and the few who commented on it, this was a prank. I have a history of this. Last years post was here and the disclaimer is here. My apologies to the people who felt the need to post and spoil the joke I deleted your posts. I will have them up today if they still exist!

Like I could get an ordinance like that passed! Actually I did like the salary one. Nothing like an incentive contract to get some dense development going up! I think the Mayors salary should be balanced between respectability and miserliness. You don't want to pay so much that the mayor wants to keep the job forever, but you don't want to pay so little that the aggravation has zero reward. For those of you who don't I make $10,000 a year which equates to about $1.67 an hour it seems.

By the way elections cost the village nothing since they are administered by the county clerk's office as well. If I forgot to clarify anything else in the post, its a prank as well!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system