Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tax Bills are Out

This post originally appeared in May of last year, but I have gotten quite a few questions about the distribution of our tax dollars so I have reproduced it with some minor changes below.


How do I know this? Because I am getting all sorts of calls about it! I have reproduced a chart from an article that appeared in the Daily Herald on where your tax dollars goes. Its interesting to see that county wide the typical tax bill has 68% of the total dollars goes to schools. Only 10% goes to municipality's. I felt that this article was one of the best I have read on your tax bill, its written quite well and make the process reasonably easy to understand.

I had a blog comment on this article when it came out here and have created a complete PDF of the article which I would be happy to send you via email (bgentes@eroundlake.com) I am going to upload it here so you can download it from this blog, however I need the village IT guy to fix something so I can actually do it. Which hopefully will happen later this morning.

I also recreated the graphic above, and did not do a real good high resolution job, so my apologies for the bitmaps. I aim to have high graphic standards on the site, and this is clearly not cutting it.

Please note I was able to upload the file here it is!
Article on Taxation from Daily Herald.pdf

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system