Thursday, March 30, 2006

Signs and Wasting Village Time and Money

I am sure we have all seen these campaign signs around the village, AFTER the election, not just after the election but well over a week after. So today I asked our Public Works department to pick them up so we did not have to look at them any longer. I am not going to name names, of the candidates who were not picking up signs. But the pictures do speak for themselves.

I would note to the state level candidates that local elections for example set a much better example. The 100's of signs my campaign, Trustee Shaws and Steve Skinner's campaign had for Round Lake office last year were ALL picked up within 24 hours. So it can be done, and it should be done. I am tempted to send a bill to the offending campaigns for time and labor, but that would be a waste of time.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system