Thursday, March 23, 2006

Election Night

On Tuesday night I spent the evening over at the radio station (WRLR) where Bish Krywko the station president had asked me to stop by and offer "local political" analysis. He fooled me! I ended up doing most of the talking until about 11pm. There were technical glitches with our Waukegan feed, and the Bish ended up on the phone coordinating. So along with Chris Thelen the WRLR music director we filled up the air with guests. We had Congresswomen Melissa Bean, and her opponent's David McSweeney, Aaron Lincoln and Bob Churchill, Senator Geo-Karris and her opponent Susan Simpson, Sandy Cole and her future opponent Sharyn Elman. We had local politicos like Trustee Brian Brubaker and Steve Skinner, and District 116 CEO Dennis Stonewall.

I had a great time and was amazed at how fast the evening went by. Some of the results that were the hit of the night were District 116's passage of a $17 million dollar referendum for a new building. The defeat of long time lake county Senator Adeline Geo Karris were some of the most startling results of the night.

The picture of election day carnage is of my discarded big gulp, a phone, part of my laptop and the half empty bag of onion rings which I was in the process of demolishing when I took the picture!

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system