Monday, January 5, 2015

Week Two Reporting!

Week 2 is over, and it was a reasonably good week, had the one clunker of a workout on Wednesday but otherwise good. I did struggle with technology on my Sunday long run, accidentally deleting and then not starting my Garmin, so really only got data on half of my long run.

So here are the weekly mileage totals to date.

Completed weeks
Week 1- 18 miles (8 mile long run)
Week 2- 19 miles (9 mile long run)

Future weeks
Week 3- will be a bit of a cut back in miles on the long run (6 miles), so I can rest just a little so only 18 miles total
Week 4- 23 miles with an 11 mile long run
Week 5- 24 miles with a 12 mile long run
Week 6- 24 miles, with Saturday speed work and a 9 mile long run. This may be rearranged a bit since I am traveling to DC on Sunday for the week and my schedule might be messy.
Week 7- 27 miles, 2 runs will be in DC, hopefully outdoors! Long run is 13 miles.
Week 8- 28 miles with potentially a half marathon that day, if I can find one.

I am slowly building up the miles, the program I based this on has a few rules that I am trying to apply.

  • Total Mileage goes up 10% at most per week. (Week 3 to 4 violates this I know.)
  • Long run is generally about 40-50% of your total weekly mileage

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system