Thursday, January 8, 2015

Week 3

So this week has been sort of dysfunctional, with the extreme cold, I was able to get my rest day down perfectly, but I did some yoga and body weight exercises in lieu of going to gym to weight lift on Tuesday. Since I struggled to get up and had an early meeting, which closed the window time frame for the workout quite suddenly.

I did get my Wednesday run in yesterday with no trouble, good pace and good feeling throughout.

Thursday morning (today) is another story, its -8 with -30 windchill's outside, and I decided that going to gym was just not a good idea. So I did some body weight exercises in the house, 5 x 10 body weight squats, 5 x 10 one legged squats and 5 x 20 pushups. I will do the run scheduled for today, tomorrow, when hopefully we are no longer living at the north pole!

That will be three runs in a row however (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) so I am not sure how I will handle that, the last time I moved a run, I had one of my worst runs in awhile, the Saturday run is an easy run of 3 miles, so I need to make sure I make it very easy!

UPDATE: Thursday evening I went to gym with my daughter and got my running in, it was not bad once I got to the gym, so Thursday had exercise and the programmed run, my first two a day! So then Friday is back to the no run day with weightlifting.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system