Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 4 Review-- Struggles

Looking back on the week virtually every run was a struggle, each had different struggles, but the interesting thing is when I think about the run, and my perspective after each run a few hours later was that they were good, I had limited soreness, and very little to zero discomfort.

But as I think about it now, I realize I had to push myself motivationally each time to finish. Not sure what all this is about, but its an interesting take on the process.

Completed weeks
Week 1- 18 miles (8 mile long run)
Week 2- 19 miles (9 mile long run) (3 miles less then it should have been)
Week 3- 16 miles (6 mile long run) (2 miles less then it should have been)
Week 4- 22.5 miles (11 mile long run) (1.5 miles less then it should have been)

Future weeks
Week 5- 21 miles with a 9 mile long run (slight change in distance because I will be in Chicago on the weekend)
Week 6- 24 miles, with Saturday speed work and a 9 mile long run. This may be rearranged a bit since I am traveling to DC on Sunday for the week and my schedule might be messy.
Week 7- 27 miles, 2 runs will be in DC, hopefully outdoors! Long run is 13 miles.
Week 8- 28 miles with potentially a half marathon that day, if I can find one.
Week 9- 31 miles with a 15 mile long run (mixed in with the Frosty Footrace 5K)

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system