Sunday, January 8, 2006

Riding with the Police

Last night I rode with the night shift of our Police Department. My intention was, as liquor commisioner, to visit the 6 bars in Round Lake and say hi to the owners and bartenders and see what was going on. It was quite interesting not so much for the bar visits but for the zipping around and watching how the officers on the night shift support each other at the various calls they were on. I also got to wear a bullet proof vest as well. I can assure you the novelty of that wore off after exactly 21 seconds. It's heavy, awkward and cumbersome!

It was a slow night in Round Lake, the highlight of the evening was a drunk sleeping on the grass behind an apartment. Some frozen meat and picante sauce were tucked into his pants. The low resolution picture is of him being led away to the lock-up. He then got feisty at the lock-up, which I missed.

When I got home my teenage daughter was up! She immediately started busting me for staying out late and not calling. Which was funny.

No comments:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system